Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Make-up Routine

I have been obsessed with make-up since the first Christmas my mom bought it for me. I can still remember standing in front of the mirror hanging on every peice of advice my mom gave me! For years I was able to use the same make up (Mary Kay) until recently when my skin did a 180 and decided to become oily. I have had a lot of people ask me what make-up I use, and I can't believe I haven't done a blog post on this already!

So, obviously, I have oily skin. I am a believer that your foundation comes from taking care of your "canvas" and having an even toned face. I use two different kinds of face wash so that my skin doesn't become immune to the formula. The wash is #1. Mary Kay TimeWise for oily skin and #2. Garnier "The Brusher" Microbead Cleanser. I also use Clinique Eye make-up Remover. Then I use a Day Solution or Night Solution (Both from Mary Kay) and Biore Moisture Lotion with SPF 15. And because I am closer to 40 than 15, *tear*, I use Firming Eye Cream (Mary Kay) and All About Eyes (Clinique). When I have a blemish I use Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel.

Once a week I will use a Microderm Abrasion Treatment (Mary Kay), Biore Nose Pore Strips, and a face mask from FreeMan Beauty (the $1.50 masks that you can find at Wal Mart).

Finally we can move on to make up! So I have never liked a primer until I used this particular one. Victoria's Secret (VS Pro Airbrush FX Face Primer). It's oil free, fills in pores and evens out lines and wrinkles for an even application of foundation. Then I use a yellow based concealer. MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NW25). This concealer is creamy and luxurious! I absolutely love it! I apply this to my under eye area, nostrils, center of nose, and chin. Now I use a foundation to even out redness. Clinique makes a foundation with salicylic acid built right in. This will help fight off acne through out the day. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make up (03). For my bronzer/contour shade I use Bare Minerals in Warmth. I love this shade because it has no shimmer in it. When you contour you can't use shimmer because it will defeat the purpose. Then I use a blush in Victoria's Secret luminous mineral blush duo (Surrender). Pop the pink on the apples of cheeks and the shimmery shade on the cheekbones, center of nose, and above the eyebrows. By the way I use a make up brush from Wal Mart :)



Make up Routine






Clinique makeup
$26 - nordstrom.com




Makeup brush
walmart.com




Victoria s Secret blush
$15 - victoriassecret.com




MAC Cosmetics face makeup
$17 - nordstrom.com




Victoria s Secret makeup primer
$18 - victoriassecret.com


No comments:

Post a Comment